- Assists customers over the telephone in a professional and respectful manner. Collects information to record contact in Sales Force. Works with management when completing unusual, complex or difficult sales. Supports customer service and the Account Executives and Sr. Account Executives in the daily Showroom activities, as needed.
- Provides support to Sr. Account Executives and Outside Sales personnel with pricing, orders, photographs, etc. needed and provides feedback in a timely manner, when needed.
- Provides customers with pricing and information, as needed.
- Follows up with customers after their preliminary visit to gather information to complete the Customer Information Form, scheduling their next visit and gathering feedback about their customer services experience.
- Follow up to be sure samples are sent and received in a timely manner. Assists Sales Team in expediting sample requests while they are out on sales calls.
- Serves a backup to the Receptionist in her absence.
- Enters orders and processes paperwork following established procedures. Reviews orders at least two (2) days prior to scheduled delivery. Inspects the material prior to delivery to be sure it is in good condition. Ensures that any paperwork or communication issues are resolved to avoid shipment delays.
- Communicates with the Warehouse Operations Manager or Warehouse Supervisor, verbally and in writing, as needed, for picture requests, and sample requests following established procedures.
- Receives and answers telephone calls and emails by the end of the business day, even if only to explain that they will follow up the next day. Sends sales orders and photographs to customers as requested.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, products or personnel. Notifies Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Showroom Manager and/or executive management immediately of complaints received regardless of urgency.
- Follows established sales procedures and pricing policies.
- Meets with Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager or Showroom Manager on a weekly basis to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets and business base. Prepares reports of activities for the Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager or Showroom Manager on a weekly basis, or as requested.
- Executes sales promotion activities.
- Reviews, updates and follows up on sales calls from the “red” list on a weekly basis. Communicates results to the Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager or Showroom Manager on a weekly basis.
- Develops and maintains product knowledge of merchandise and available sales promotional materials.
- Assists in ensuring that the showroom is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows up on assignments or projects assigned by the Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager or Showroom Manager.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401(k) Program
- Less than one-year customer service or sales experience in a wholesale environment preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in business, architecture, interior design or related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) are required to communicate with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills to sell products and services.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to work Saturday hours as required.
- May be required to attend on- or off-site training sessions to maintain or increase skills and knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation is preferred to deliver samples and/or visit customers as needed.
Opustone and Tile Concepts is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your resume to: Jgonzalez@opustone.com
Keywords: Customer Service, Administrative Assistant, Clerical.