The purchasing agent will be responsible for maintaining inventory levels, preparing and placing purchase orders, following up on orders and producing information regarding orders. This position will also be responsible for quoting, placing special orders and quality control.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory levels to replenish stock, as needed.
- Works with suppliers to place orders, follow up and make sure that products ordered ship on a timely basis. Manage the entire purchasing process for assigned product category. Responsible for quality control of all materials received.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing tasks and meeting expected results, as needed.
- 5 to 7 years progressive purchasing.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business
administration or related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent data entry skills. Must be able to input data with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow and meet demanding deadlines. Must be accurate and detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet, email and database
software. Nust be Proficient in Excel
- Understanding of workflow or supply chain management.
- Availability to work Saturday hours, as needed.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401(k) Program
Opustone and Tile Concepts is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please submit your resume to: Jgonzalez@opustone.com or thru Monster.com.
Keywords: Purchasing, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows – General Use, Inventory, Data Entry