The warehouse operations supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily warehouse, shipping and logistic activities, and ensuring that orders are prepared, shipped and delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervises and coordinates the day to day activities for the Warehouse and Shipping Areas, preparing and delivery of orders. Assists in preparing work schedules and ensures adequate personnel are available to meet workflow.
- Coordinates the loading of merchandise and materials using available equipment such as overhead hoist system, forklifts and hand trucks, as needed. Ensures that trucks are loaded to meet DOT regulations. Inspects materials for outgoing delivery.
- Prepares the delivery routes for the trucks.
- Prepares transfers of stock between locations and transfers for customer orders as instructed.
- Schedules deliveries through independent trucking companies for orders out of our area.
- Coordinates crating of orders with outside vendor.
- Ensures that the warehouse area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion, accessible and safe for sales personnel, other employees and customer traffic.
- Conducts regular checks and maintenance of warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Trains and certifies personnel on equipment and or operating procedures.
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in shipping, logistics and/or warehousing the tile/stone industry preferred. Prior supervisory or lead worker experience required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required. Associates degree in business, logistics or related field preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills to motivate and encourage staff to meet established goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are required.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities, adjust to sudden changes in workflow and meet demanding deadlines.
- Working knowledge of logistics and warehousing methods, techniques and equipment.
- Working knowledge of safety regulations, safe work practices and safety equipment.
- Ability to utilize a forklift and overhead hoist system. Certification for forklift operation required.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Availability to work Saturday hours required.
- We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 401(k) Program